On Friday 2000 mourners gathered in Burri, in support of Moawia Bashir Khalil, Who was killed by Sudanese security forces.
- According reports, on Thursday, 60 year-old; Khalil was shot inside his home by local authorities for hiding & protecting unarmed protestors from the local police.
- Moawia Bashir Khalil died from sustained gun wounds the following morning.
- 2,000 mourners gathered in Burri; Moawia Khalil’s neighbourhood. A suburb in Khartoum; the country’s capital. & the Sudanese police fired live rounds at them, ensuring another unplanned anti-government demonstration.
- Before opening fire on the mourners, some of them had already destroyed a police truck & pelted stones at nearby officers.
- As mentioned in last week’s In Color Sudan has been experiencing nationwide protests, with civilians having huge clashes with the Sudanese police forces.
- The people of Sudan are fed up with rapid inflation, extraordinarily high fuel prices, a lack of basic amenities & frankly; a government who mismanages all the sectors necessary to create a thriving economy while funneling what’s left of Sudan’s wealth into the military.
- Sudan is currently experiencing its longest protest since gaining independence in 1956.
Cote d’Ivoire; Ivory Coast
The Ivory Coast’s former Head of State; Laurent Gbagbo was acquitted of all charges in the International Crime Court (ICC).
- Laurent Gbagbo, who had already spent 7 years in Hague, was found not guilty on Tuesday, over human rights violations relating to Ivory Coast’s 2010 & 2011 general elections.
- The violence carried out during these election times claimed the lives of about 3,000 Ivorian citizens.
- The trial judges ordered that he be set free immediately, even refusing the request from prosecutors to extend his stay while they appealed the judgement.
Ultimately a 3-2 decision carried out a 5-member appeals panel means; Gbagbo & his co-defendant, former Youth Minister Charles Ble Goude will remain in Hague, at least until the panel reviews the trial chamber’s decision to set them free.
- The appeal panel agreed with the prosecutors fear’s presuming once released Laurent Gbagbo definitely would not willing come back to the ICC to stand trial for anything. Ivorian authorises have made it clear they would not “send more Ivorians to the ICC“.
- The new court date is set for February 1, 2019.
The hunt for the wall continues, as the US is close to embarking on a 30 day long government shutdown.
The American President Donald Trump offers to extended the protection for young undocumented migrants brought in as children to the United States in exchange for his “steel-barrier”.
- The people this would affect are dubbed the “Dreamers” protected under (DACA); the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals programme temporary protection.
- In September 2017 the Trump administration announced it’s intentions of removing DACA but was swiftly curtailed by a court order.
- The American Trump also offered to provide limited protections to holders of the Temporary Protection Status (TPS), although as mentioned in last week’s In Color the Trump administration had moved to actually revoke the status from immigrants from countries like; Haiti, El Salvador & Honduras.
- House speaker & Democrat, Nancy Pelosi said all the proposals brought up by the President’s administration to end the 29 day shutdown was;
“a compilation of several previously rejected initiatives, each of which is unacceptable”
Albeit a partial government shutdown, about 800,000 workers have already been furloughed or are required to work for no pay.
Families with multiple members working government jobs have been hit heavy in their finances, as there is a stand still on incoming income & a pill up of automated passed due bills.
- This government shutdown affects 1/4 of all US government programmes.
& We can’t help but wonder; if the American President feels so strongly against immigrants, especially from certain countries, why extended this lackluster offer now?
Is this wall just truly symbolic?
& if so who’s symbol is it?
On today’s World Series; on why do white people hate everyone not white ?
View this post on Instagram
Several Black Employees File Lawsuit After Being Racially Harassed And Bullied In Ohio General Motors Plant: "I Used To Have To Pray. Literally, 'Lord Protect Me’" – Blogged by: @RaquelHarrisTV ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Several Black employees at an Ohio General Motors have filed a lawsuit after the motor company refused to respond to several complaints of racism, harassment, and racial bullying. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ #MarcusBoyd and Derick Brooks are former supervisors at the Toledo Powertrain, and in a recent CNN interview, the two said their co-workers called them the N-word, told them bathrooms were for “whites only,” and wore Nazi symbols under their coveralls at work. However, when Boyd and other Black employees filed a complaint, they were not supported and instead told to take care of the problem themselves, according to the lawsuit filed by eight Black employees in September. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ “Back in the day, you would have been buried with a shovel,” a white colleague reportedly told Boyd. Boyd reported that comment as well, and the white employee admitted to saying the racist remark during a disciplinary hearing. But, no disciplinary actions were taken. "I used to have to pray. Literally, 'Lord protect me,'" Boyd said. Following the hearing, Boyd was pulled aside and told to forget about that comment if he wanted to get along with the plant workers. In addition, Boyd was threatened by an employee who said he’d hit him with a metal assembly clutch after Boyd denied him the vacation request he wanted. The worker’s pay was taken away for one day. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ Brooks said he would often find nooses hanging in his work….…to read the rest log on to BallerAlert.com (clickable link on profile)
Watch young caucasian teenagers wearing “Make America Great Again” hats antagonize an indigenous native –so original owner of the land– American elder & Vietnam war veteran yelling “build that wall” down below.
& why are Americans soo rude to old people?
Teach yourself & your kids not to be appalling scums of the earth.
There is absolutely no rationalization of pure hatred for no absolute reason.
At 3pm local time, coordinated terrorist attacks occurred on Tuesday in Nairobi, Kenya.
- According to Joseph Boinnet; Kenyan’s police chief, the attacks consisted of an explosion targeting 3 vehicles outside a bank, a suicide bombing in DusitD2; a hotel complex with armed gunmen holding hostages.
- The 20 hour siege occurred in the hotel lobby. Much like the unfortunate 2013 Westgate shopping mall attack which occurred in the same district; it seemed to be aimed at wealthy Kenyans & foreigners.
This is the 3rd January in 4 years Kenya has experienced a terrorist attacks.
Authorities sent special forces to apprehend the gunmen in the upscale Nairobi hotel complex & Kenyan security forces reportedly killed all 5 attackers.
- It was a hard night for the families who had members trapped in the hotel. They waited outside at 3am –local time– hearing the sounds of sporadic gunshots as Kenyan officers endeavored to recuse dozens of hostages; AKA their family members.
- 21 people were killed & 5 al-Shabab terrorists.
- Al-Shabab is a terrorist group affiliated with the infamous; al-Qaeda. A terrorist group which once plagued the United States national security.
- The attacks launched in Kenya were prompted due to the American President; Donald Trump recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel.
- According to President Uhuru Kenyetta a total of about 700 hostages were rescued during the whole kerfuffle.
5 suspects have been apprehended & appeared in court over Tuesdays deadly attacks.
Zimbabwe’s Government is the latest in a series of African governments to impose a nationwide internet shutdown.
The hike means petrol prices rose from $1.24 (£0.97) a litre to $3.31 , with diesel up from $1.36 a litre to $3.11.
The Gabonese President Ali Bongo finally arrives back to Gabon on Tuesday, in Libreville; the Country’s capital.
As reported in last week’s In Color; President Bongo has been M.I.A since from his country since October last year, after suffering a stroke in Saudi Arabia while in attendance for a summit during which Gabon has been without an effective government.
- President Ali Bongo has not been seen in public since he was admitted into a hospital on the 24th of October, 2018. 38 ministers arrived at the beachside presidential palace in Libreville on Tuesday morning & were sworn in at a ceremony presided over by President Bongo.
- This event was so exclusive, it was also closed to the press.
- One of the minster’s sworn in is quoted saying this;
“It will certainly take him several months to fully recover his physical abilities, that’s for sure”
- Government spokesman Nanette Longa-Makinda is quoted by AFP news saying;
“It was very moving to see him,”
- President Ali Bongo & his family have been ruling Gabon for over 5 decades, maintaining a strong relationship & alliance with former Colonizer France.
Pastoralists in Mali are utilizing satellites in search of watering holes.
- In the Sahel, climate change has manifested into long droughts which threaten livestock populations due to the scarcity of freshwater during the dry season; animals are at risk of dying before reaching the next desert water supply.
- Now, with the use of satellite imagery & cellphones, real time information is available on water & vegetation.
- Pastoralists use the private Garbal mobile phone service ––established by the Sustainable Technology Adaptation for Mali’s Pastoralists (STAMP) project in November of 2017— operated through telecom company Orange Mali, to access the service.
- To make use of this service, users call or send a digital request to a call center or database for a small fee, & receive information on the surface water in a chosen location. Satellite imagery allows for real time information on water & vegetation, informing real time decisions. This is of benefit a pastoralist & their respective livestock.
- This project is funded by the Netherlands Space Agency through Geodata for Agriculture and Water Facility. Hoefsloot Spatial Solutions provides the satellite imagery, Orange Mali manages operation of the call center, & TASSAGHT (Malian peacebuilding organisation) assist with the gathering of ground data through local pastorials.
Nigeria is holding its general elections next month; on the 16th of February 2019. So naturally, it has been a sh%#t show.
you guessed it!
Politricks & clownery.
Lets start off with this EXTREMELY telling & descriptive video with great imagery down below.
Nigerian politician aides boldly & in broad daylight coerce the residents of Elelenwo, Rivers states to turn in their Permanent Voters Card (PVC) in exchange for wrappers.
Incase you were still wondering for some reason needed even more clarification; yes, they are selling their votes & yes this is completely against the constitutional laws of the land.
Chima Anyaso entrepreneur & House of Representative aspirant suggested fellow aspirant/opponent Benjamin Kalu should “screw” himself.
- Chima Anyaso is an entrepreneur who owns a couple of hotels & works in the downstream sector in Nigeria’s oil & gas sphere. He represents the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
- Benjamin Kalu is a lawyer; a barrister to be exact, who is also partner in a law firm & he represents the All Progressives Congress(APC)party.
Meanwhile in Ibadan;
House of Representative aspirant & member of APC political party; Saheed Fijabi releases a press statement. Claiming opponent & Zenith Labor Party member; Rotimi Ajanaku ordered a physical attack on him.
- Rotimi Ajanaku has fervently denied these claims. Urging Saheed Fijabi provide evidence supporting them. Mr. Ajanaku also states Mr. Fijabi’s claims are explicitly fabricated & false.
Is the Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari confused about who exactly are the members of his own party; (APC) ?
The correct answer is in fact; yes. The president is caught on camera passing over his party-(APC)’s flag to another Presidential candidate, administering a lackluster & passionless speech to the people of Nigeria.
Senator Dino Melaye – 5 Nigerian’s Judiciary System – 0
Here’s the 3rd installment on the dramatic senator & our failed judiciary system.
As mentioned in last week’s In Color; the Nigerian senator has been attempted to be arraigned 4 separate times by law enforcement.
He finally turned himself in, however due to a mighty convenient asthma attack, he insisted on medical assistance upon arriving in police custody. Senator Melaye was then taken to a police hospital located in Garki, Abuja. There the dear senator was given a clean bill of health, still he remained uncooperative refusing to leave the medical facility.
Consequently, he was forcefully removed by masked military officials & transferred to the Department of State Security Services (DDS) medical facility located in Abuja.
Senator Melaye refused to actually walk into the DDS building upon arrival, then he spent the night on the floor; outside the medical facility.
All caught up now?
Yesterday, Senator Dino Melaye won!
He was granted bail at a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) in Maitama on grounds of human rights violations, due to his ill-health.
- His lawyer, Mike Ozekhome, argued the Senator be out on bail while he awaits arraignment by the police.
- Justice Yusuf Halilu agreed. Granting the Senator bail on health issues.
5 bank accounts of the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Justice Walter Samuel Nkanu have been frozen by the Nigerian Federal Government.
- As reported in last week’s In Color the Judge was set to stand trial on Monday facing 6-count charges relating to a false declaration of assets at the Code of Conduct Tribunal.
- Justice Onnoghen was in fact awol & refused to appear on 14th set trial date before Justice Danladi Umar’s 3-member panel.
Speaking of abuse of power, toxic masculinity & frankly assault…
Rest in Peace to Ahmed Hussein-Suale.
- Ahmed Hussein-Suale was an undercover investigative journalist under the Tiger Eye team. His biggest claim to fame was the June 2018 film he released. Exposing football corruption in Ghana & the whole of Africa.
- The film brought about the dissolution of the Ghana Football Association & a lifetime ban FIFA handed to its former head, Kwesi Nyantakyi including some referees.
- Hussein-Suale was murdered on January 16, Wednesday night, in an Accra suburb. On his way home after receiving word of his child being sick.
- He was shot 3 times; twice in the chest & once in the neck.
- Hussein-Suale’s colleagues have announced they would not be silenced & will be continued his legacy by staying true to the press. RIP to Ahmed Hussein-Suale. Journalism is not a crime & freedom of the press is a constitutional law.
The Ghanaian President; Nana Akufo-Addo has released a press statement openly condemning the murder of the virtuous journalist & expressing his deepest condolences. Promising Ghanaians law enforcement are doing everything within their power to bring the perpetrators to justice.