Fri takes on Banana Nut Bread! Long overdue for the social distancing crew.
Recipe from Lauren’slatest
The Best Banana Nut Bread Recipe
The Best Banana Nut Bread Recipe is moist, sweet and flavorful every time! If you have spotty bananas lying around, this recipe is for you.CourseBreakfast, DessertCuisineAmericanKeywordbanana nut bread, banana nut bread recipe, best banana nut bread recipePrep Time15 minutesCook Time50 minutesTotal Time1 hour 5 minutesServings12 slicesCalories259kcalAuthorLauren
- 1/4 cup salted butter softened
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 whole bananas mashed
- 2 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup walnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease light colored loaf pan (8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ x 2 3/4” high) with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix oil, butter, and sugar until well combined. Stir in eggs, vanilla, and banana until smooth.
- Gently stir in dry ingredients and buttermilk until a uniform batter has formed. Scrape sides to ensure no lumps are present. Stir in 1/2 cup walnuts. Pour into prepared pan and top with remaining 1/4 cup chopped nuts.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes in the lower half of the oven or until completely baked. Remove from oven and cool at least 15 minutes before removing from pan. Slice and serve.
Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 147mg | Potassium: 99mg | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 165IU | Vitamin C: 0.1mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1.1mg