Join us as we dive deep into the highlights of Black World News. An informed person is the one who makes better decisions. We want you in the know. Just remember WhoToldYou because we did.
Eid Mubarak to all our Muslim sisters and brothers!
- Two decades ago under Robert Mugabe-former Prime Minister/Dictator’s governance around 4,500 white farmers were evicted with the land redistributed to 300,000 Black families on the basis of addressing colonial land imbalance.
- The agreement was signed at President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s State House offices in Harare.
- The compensation agreement states funds would be obtained from long term bonds and by approaching international donors with farmers to raise funding.
So What’s The Game Plan?
- White farmers would be compensated for the infrastructure on the farm. Not for the land itself.
- 50% after a year and the balance left paid off in 5 years.
- Prime Minister Mnangagwa believes this move is imperative for solving the problems with The West.
Speaking of problems with “The West” how about human rights violations?
… Yes, “The West” isn’t innocent but that’s not the main point right now.
Tsitsi Dangarembga author of Nervous Conditions -and many more- was also one of the people arrested in an anti-government protest.
- The renowned author has since been released on bail.
Happy Emancipation Day To Jamaica! Woi!
…excuse us. Please.
- Jamaica celebrated her emancipation on August 1st.
- Emancipation Day should not be misconstrued with August 6th, her Independence Day.
- Emancipation Day was the day of abolition of slavery for the great country.
Is A Mess. What’s New?
We reward thieves but that’s old though.
Yaaay! Sounds about right! We love to see it.
- James Ibori served 4 years out of his 13-year sentence handed down by the UK court.
- He stole over 78.5mUSD in public funds and said to have partly funded the election of former President Umaru Yar’Adua.
We would say “get it together Nigeria” but… you should know the drill by now.
On The Next Episode of Alleged Abuse of Power;
Here’s to small wins.
The Court of Appeal dismissed the appeal in the case of Adegboyega Adenekan (Chrisland School Supervisor) .
- Adegboyega Adenekan was convicted of sexual assault of a 2-year old girl.
- He will now spend 60 years in prison.
Speaking Of A Country In Disarray.
We call this segment;
- President Trump would like to ban TikTok unless it is acquired by an American company. The deadline set is September 15 for the company to find a potential US buyer.
- President Trump tweets about postponing the November Presidential elections. African dictator say whuuuttt?!
- President Trump using taxpayer money to issue a $765 million loan to Kodak to launch Kodak Pharmaceuticals.
Unemployment rates are at a historical all time high while the dollar sinks to a 2-year low.
It’s important to note the new proposal only provides $400 in unemployment benefits.
Rest in peace to Malik Abdul Baset. He was founding member of The Roots.
Was All The Clapping For Naught?
cap on all the claps.
Since the beginning of the Coronavirus pandemic there were nationwide claps ensuing as a symbolic – extreme emphasis on that- show of support for essential workers, specifically the National Health Service(NHS).
So Why Are Protests For Higher Pay Being Ignored?
Here Are Some Important GoFundMes To Throw Some Money At If You Can Afford It.
Your weekly reminder that protests against police brutality are still ongoing.