Tech Talk: An App, The Underground Railrd
Technology is the collection of techniques, skills, methods, & processes used in the production of goods or services or in the accomplishment of objectives.
Now, this being a tech –short for technology– talk, it is our duty to reflect on said subject from various angles.
This week we will be juxtaposing app development & the Underground Railroad.
But first, here’s a little background info;
The Underground Railroad was a network of secret routes & safe houses established in the United States during the early to mid-19th century. It was used by African-American freedom seekers on their journey into free territories.
With that being said, today we are talking;
An App, The Underground Railrd
A Decentralized Emancipation Platform.
- As of 1860, there were 3.9 million freedom seekers in southern US states; 3.9 million people who would pay for this service.
- 3.9 million people in need of a Freedom Consultant. Underground Railrd would solve this problem by supplying a scalable decentralized platform. Giving users & service providers a helping hand during every step of the process.
How does it work?
Underground Railrd would be a platform that connects users seeking freedom, to users who can assist them in a number of ways. With 4 user options presented at sign up: Freedom Seeker, Conductor, Safe house/Station, Watch Person.
- Freedom Seeker: The user seeking freedom, seeking to travel from Southern United States to Canada.
- Conductor: The private route guide, can reliably transport Freedom Seeker from safehouse to destination.
- Safe house/Station: Home or property owner with available private space along routes.
- Watch Person: All users would fall under the category of “Watch Person”. When prompted a watch person would have the ability to leave a warning or note. This could aid freedom seekers on their journey.
The flowchart below gives you a peek under the hood.
User profiles will allow users information regarding each other, conductors, & safe locations.
It would be thought of as your personal control panel.
With all the information you need at your fingertips, You could plan your journey to freedom. The network of Watch People constantly contributing to update route, and shelter information to keep you safe during your travels.
Keeping it relevant
The flowchart above covers actions & interactions that took place without the aid of an internet connection. Before invention of cellphones! & modern day communication as we know it.
The Underground Railroad was a decentralized emancipation system that ran offline. Black people can.
We Told You!