Your Weekly Black Newsletter.
In the U.S
Is the Republican secretary of state; Brian Kemp trying to “legally” rig the Georgia gubernatorial elections?
who knows for sure?
We don’t. But, here’s what we do know:
Georgia’s secretary of state; Brian Kemp is currently running in an election he’s technically overseeing.
In case you didn’t catch that. Brian Kemp is literally Georgia’s current Secretary of state and is still currently running for Governor in said state. He was advised to by his peers to step down.
- Some of the new “exact match” standards Kemp implemented. Which he insists were necessary to prevent us from the impending doom that is the dreaded “Voter Fraud“, seems to conveniently only disqualify mostly non- caucasian people. A.K.A melinated people; also know as people of color. Black people, his opponent; Stacey Abrams‘s voter demographic.
- Not far-fetched since another black candidate; Andrew Gillum has been attacked by skillful and technical chess plays like these with heavy racial undertones. Which seem to always come from the radical right.
- Also, re-read the last link above if you’re a dumbass that still doesn’t understand the historical context and the harm in “Black Face”.
Are Journalists of color the new Raven-Symoné? Maybe, we can make a very strong convincing case. It seems like only they saw the current chaos that is American politics from a mile away.
The largest black owned bank in the United States; One United Bank. Is partnering with Pittsburg city council AND police shooting survivor Leon Ford.
- Here’s to supporting our kinfolk ! Mr. Leon Ford was shot and paralyzed by a city police officer in 2012. He has since then been an activist in the community. Especially, when it pertains to police brutality and innocent killings of black lives in the United States.
- Rest in peace to an American Black hero Curtis Adams. In our opinion America does need stricter gun laws.
- Hey. Don Lemon said it. Not us. We can’t say we disagree though.
The president of Gabon; Ali Bongo Ondimba is a little under the weather. According to the government spokesperson the Gabonese president was hospitalised in Saudi Arabia for “exhaustion”.
- Sources say it was an alledged stroke. Sounds like his fellow coworkers. Very, VERY on brand for old and decrepit African leaders.
- Vision 4 –a Cameroonian locally syndicated tv station– earned themselves a 6 month suspension after they jumped the gun and presumed the president dead.
- President-Dictator Ali Bongo Ondimba has been in office since 2009.
There is reason to believe this arrest was tied to a previous press conference held by Zitto Kabwe the previous sunday –before the arrest– concerning the conflicting record of the documented fatality rate in a clash that had taken place in the Western Kigoma province of Tanzania between herders and police officers.
- In the press briefing Zitto Kabwe claims 100 people lost their lives in these clashes between civilians and law enforcement.
- The police beg to differ; insisting only two policemen and two herdsmen lost their lives. However, It isn’t unusual for African leaders to under report/downplay the fatality rate of clashes with civilians in order to uphold the guise of ultimate and utmost control.
- Zitto Kabwe is currently the founder and only member of the Alliance of Change and Transparency (ACT) party. He is still yet to be formally charged since arrested in his house on Wednesday.
“People should make sure they have deleted pornographic pictures from their phone...” On today’s episode of the government deflecting from the actual problems and using the lack of understanding –or silly ignorance– of LGBTQ rights to fear monger people within the country.
- Tanzania has established a committee strictly in place to investigate and handle individuals “involved” in homosexuality, the “sex bussiness” and brothels. The statement above was a direct quote from Paul Makonda; the regional commissioner in Dar es Salaam.
- Homosexuality is a crime with a minimum sentence of 30 years and up to life imprisonment in Tanzania. Get it together guys
Rest in peace to the many undocumented people who lost their lives due to gun violence at the hands of the Nigerian police.
- Members of the Islamic movement of Nigeria (IMN) also known as the Shiite members, were gun down by the Nigerian police in what was supposed to be a peaceful protest.
- The Iranian affiliated Islamic movement had a clash with security officials on monday protesting the unlawful imprisonment of their leader Ibraheem Zakzaky. Who has been locked up since 2015 with no charges held up against him . Here’s a short and sweet twitter thread –don’t worry, with sources– to catch you up to speed if you’re already not. Simply because; ain’t nobody got time for all of that.
- Eye witnesses claim soldiers opened fire at the Shiite protestors when they “pelted the troops with stones“. The Nigerian army claims only 3 people were killed. Hmmm…… that sounds awfully familiar.
*coughs in Tanzania above*
- It seems like Nigerians as a whole, are having mixed feelings about the fiasco. With one half feeling there were way more effective ways to go about the alleged riot control. And the other caring less; the old “if you go against the law then it’s what you deserve mindset” –we’re guessing– forgetting all the cruel laws we have once -and still till this day, have- had as a human race. What are your thoughts on the issue? P.S: it is imperative to also keep at the back of your mind the level of corruption in the Nigerian government.
There’s a woman in Uganda solving the malaria crisis one bar soap at a time. And no Joan Nalubega isn’t a “trained” pharmacist. But that doesn’t make her all natural organic mosquito repelling homemade soap any less effective because it’s working !
- Motivated by her personal experience with the disease Joan say’s she aims to signficantly reduce the impact malaria has on Uganda.
- Joan sells her soaps for a high mark up price to tourists and with this, subsidizes prices to the locals in the Mpigi District. that’s one Robin Hood we can get down with- here’s to black women historically always doing the damn thing !
REASON 124867394 WHY AFRICAN COUNTRIES NEED TO STOP TAKING HUGE LOANS FROM CHINA WITHOUT ANY FEASIBLE PLAN IMPLEMENTED IN PLACE TO PAY IT BACK !!!!